Saturday, March 27, 2010

Monday: Grand Bazaar + cafe + shoreline

Monday was one of my most favorite days of the trip.  It started off with the Grand Bazaar, which was a bit underwhelming and not at all tempting.  To me, it was about 4 of the same shops (fabrics, clothes, food, and jewelry) repeated 500 times over.  And the jewelry was all regular mass-produced stuff, nothing handmade or anything.  Sigh.



The rest of the bazaar was so meh that I didn't take many pics.



Afterward, we went to lunch at McDonalds for the first time.  I know, I know.  We were just SO TIRED of kabobs.  Please.  You don't even know.

Nick got an apple pie, which I later discovered to be so very, very delicious:


And then it was off to our business trip of the day.  On this day, it was BMI Recording, part of Universal.  I didn't take interesting pics there, so I'll just post the pics from after the meeting.  This dude was selling fruit on the side of the street:


We were trying to figure out what we'd do for the next 3 hours until our business dinner with Intel.


We split up.  The group I was in decided to go to a cafe on the waterfront.  (It's a hard life.)




And I'll be -- if you want a pic that conceptualizes what I saw so often on this trip, it'd be this, exactly:


Then we decided to walk along the waterfront -- and this part was one of my most favorite parts of the trip. I'll put it in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment